Information is critical to the operation and perhaps even the survival of your organization. The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of vital corporate and customer information can often be essential to maintain competitive edge, profitability, legal compliance and commercial image.
Being certified to ISO 27001 will help you to manage and protect your valuable information assets.
ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard which defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard is designed to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security controls.
This helps you to protect your information assets and give confidence to any interested parties, especially your customers. The standard adopts a process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
The Benefits of ISO 27001:
- Customers, employees, trading partners and stakeholders know that their information is secure and managed efficiently
- Improved efficiency. This establishes streamlined protocols for the treatment and flow of information assets
- Demonstrates a committment to credibility and trust
- Cost savings. Even a single information security flaw can mean significant damages.
- Establishes that relevant laws and regulations are being met.
Who is it Relevant to?
ISO 27001 is suitable for any organization, large or small, in any sector or part of the world. The standard is particularly suitable where the protection of information is critical, such as in the finance, health, public and IT sectors.
ISO 27001 is also highly effective for organizations which manage information on behalf of others, such as IT outsourcing companies: it can be used to assure customers that their information is being protected.